Last updated March 30th 2020
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the city of Montreal, the province of Quebec as well as Canadian federal authorities have enacted various restrictions with respect to business operations and the movement of individuals. This page lists the steps we are actively taking to comply with the applicable restrictions as well as any impact it may have on our operations.
At this moment we are working from home and remain operational. This includes current consulting and maintenance contracts as well as product delivery and support of new customers.
To protect our employees and ensure continued operations we have taken the following steps:
- Everyone is working entirely from home, and steps are taken to limit contacts and travelling within the city.
- We have taken the necessary actions, financial and otherwise, to ensure that we can operate under the current circumstances at least throughout the end of the year.
- To help with new customer onboarding or support of existing customers we have made modifications to our onboarding process and risk tolerance.
Despite those steps new and existing customers should be aware of the following:
- Until further notice we are unable to work on-site at a customer’s location, either domestically in Canada or abroad.
- At the moment Canadian borders are still open to commercial freight and cargo and most international couriers are still operating within Canada. However shipping may be affected to and from certain countries. If you need to ship us prototypes and equipment please contact us beforehand for preferred couriers and up-to-date shipping instructions.
This page will be kept up to date as the situation progress.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us.